Harry Friedman Tried To Find Sponsor for Trebek’s Mustache
- Cory Anotado
- On April 17, 2015
We mustache you an answer—but we’ll shave it for later.
Continuing our barrage of leaked e-mail scouting, it looks like Harry Friedman, executive producer of Jeopardy!, looked for some revenue from the stately ‘stache on Trebek’s upper lip:
We have a unique opportunity but it ‘s very time sensitive. After 13 years , Alex Trebek has grown back his mustache. We have a plan to take advantage of the seemingly never-ending interest in his upper lip, and monetize the interest that will be generated when he shaves it off again. So, yes, we’re looking for someone …..Gillette, Dollar Shave Club, Harry’s , Schick, Bic….to be the Official Razor of Alex Trebek’s Mustache.
Because of the tape -to–air lag, Alex will be shaving his mustache on Tuesday morning before we tape . We’ll shoot the shaving scene without reference to a particular brand of razor. The actual episode won’t air until mid October, which gives us some time. Our plan is to later shoot an insert of Alex’s hand reaching for whichever razor ends up being the sponsor. But I think it would be a kick for any brand to be able to tout itself as “The Official Razor Of AlexTrebek’s Mustache”. To get that we’d be looking for $$ for the show and for Alex.
And to think it was just a publicity stunt.
Subscribe to BuzzerBlog via Email
- GSN Partners with Novomatic Americas for The World Championship of Slots
- Prepare for #Debates2016 2003’s Who Wants To Be Governor of California: The Debating Game
- Watch: The Price is Right Debuts New Game Hot Seat
- Celebrity Name Game, The Price is Right, and Let’s Make A Deal Debut New Seasons Today
- Season Premieres of The Price is Right and Let’s Make A Deal on September 19th
September 28, 2016
September 26, 2016
September 24, 2016
September 19, 2016
September 6, 2016